hard drive failure???

Author Topic: hard drive failure???  (Read 2443 times)

Offline filipb

Re: hard drive failure???
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »
A little update... it costs 60 euros to try to extract the data from the hard drive in the Saturn Mall in Germany... so that will be my option now...  will go in my country in 6 months to get the hard drive and i will see how the things will be developing... i will keep ya posted and my main goal is to retrieve the data from the drive and to SHARE IT because it belongs to the fans. There are some really cool Cavalera Conspiracy and Soulfly shows in there... i hope that i could get them.. see ya in 6 months bootleg brothers. :)

Offline -[JumpInTheFire]-

• JITF
    • JumpInTheFire Metallica Bootleg Forum
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 05:02:54 PM »
A little update... it costs 60 euros to try to extract the data from the hard drive in the Saturn Mall in Germany... so that will be my option now...  will go in my country in 6 months to get the hard drive and i will see how the things will be developing... i will keep ya posted and my main goal is to retrieve the data from the drive and to SHARE IT because it belongs to the fans. There are some really cool Cavalera Conspiracy and Soulfly shows in there... i hope that i could get them.. see ya in 6 months bootleg brothers. :)

Best of luck my brother! I sincerely hope that they are able to help you  hi5
- MetJITF.com

Offline msimpson

• What'sup?
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 09:59:39 AM »
You say it wasn't showing up under 'My Computer' and mentioned it was an external drive. I have seen this before where another device was using the G: drive letter or whatever drive letter the external drive typically gets.

Depending on the operating system version, you could click on Start > Run> type in 'diskmgmt.msc' and hit enter. This will open Disk Management console. Check to see if your external is listed there and post back here.
The following users thanked this post: [hndsmepete], filipb

Offline msimpson

• What'sup?
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 10:10:20 AM »
Hell even if you have remote access to the PC and installed TeamViewer you could get me connected and I would take a look at it.

I do this type of stuff for a living, been doing it since a young teenager, professionally for 10 years :)
The following users thanked this post: [hndsmepete], filipb

Offline filipb

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 01:43:26 PM »
I am currently in germany... and the hard drive is in my country... my mom will bring it to me in two months... can you PLEASE give me more details on the procedure, PLEASE?! Is there a hope...?

Offline filipb

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 01:50:05 PM »
The hard drive was not even rotating... if i remember well... please can someone provide alternative solutions for data extraction??? I will bring the drive in germany because i dont trust those douchebags jn my country... i really think that i could find someone here kn germany who coud extract the data... those shows are really important to me... :(

Offline msimpson

• What'sup?
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 12:42:30 PM »
The hard drive was not even rotating... if i remember well... please can someone provide alternative solutions for data extraction??? I will bring the drive in germany because i dont trust those douchebags jn my country... i really think that i could find someone here kn germany who coud extract the data... those shows are really important to me... :(

I don't know anyone from Germany so I cannot recommend anything for that. Did the external enclosure have any status lights on it anywhere? Was it getting power etc? The other recommendations in this thread on buying a new enclosure are spot on too.. the USB > IDE/SATA adapters are awesome as well. Great for imaging or grabbing data off of a drive. They can be had for cheap.

I would do that first and foremost, get that adapter and remove the drive from the external enclosure and hook it up with that adapter. Plug it into a working PC laptop and see if it detects the drive. If it does detect, I'd immediately start getting your data off of it.

Backups are hugely important for this reason, I hope you get your stuff back - in the future, I would definitely backup all of that stuff. I have a 'server' at home with 3-4 drives in it and use a piece of software called Stablebit Drive Pool, I can duplicate important folders I don't want to lose to however many drives I want. So if I lose a drive, I have it on at least one other drive.

I also use Veeam Endpoint Backup (totally free, best backup solution for personal use, hands down.) and backup my important family pics, videos, music, music videos to an external drive

Offline filipb

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 10:12:50 PM »
I think that i would go with the option of taking the hard drive here in germany first. Then, i will take it to the Saturn Mall. The mall sells pc's, tv's, cell phones... Anything!!! They have a support technical service so i would go with this option... i live in germany and i don't speak german and really going through this thing woth german speaki g people is gonna be hard aa hell... luckily the staff at the saturn mall are english speaking and true professionals so i put my eggs in that basket for now... i'll see how the progress will go and i will post updates... if they can extract the data and put it in a new drive ot would be great... then i will buy another new drive and i will copy the files there... this is my plan and i hope it will work somehow... if i got this right in this order i would like you to teach me your skills for backuping data. I would really appreciate if you teach me how to do it, but only if i get my stuff first... i have hope and i'm positive about this one :) so folks this is it... keep ya fingers crossed for me... see ya in 6 months from now with updates... catch up later and thanks once again!!!

Offline filipb

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 09:12:03 PM »
https://www.krollontrack.de/datenrettung/hamburg/

Please use google translate to translate the webpage...
This is the place where i'm taking my hard drive to get ut fixed and to extact all the data from it.

I need opinions and possibly a donations :D it will cost me around 1500-2000 euros!! :D

Words of advice and wisdom i expect from you guys...

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal