Advice for audio recorder...?

Author Topic: Advice for audio recorder...?  (Read 846 times)

Offline filipb

Advice for audio recorder...?
« on: September 20, 2016, 06:33:04 AM »
Hello there :)

I am writing this because i wanna buy an audio recorder which i will use to record shows that i attend. But i don't know what brand i should choose... please give me tips on cheap recorders that can record in lossless .wav format.
I have found this model that i can buy in Hamburg. It has recording option that can record in .wav format but it's 120 euros!!!! :D

Maybe someone could offer me a cheaper option, lets say audio recorder that i can buy online for like 60 euros??

Also give me advice if this model that I've found is good... I would like to read your oppinions...

Thanks a lot !!!

Here are the specs it has:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:35:59 AM by filipb »

Offline damageinc

• damageinc live recordings
Re: Advice for audio recorder...?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 09:21:34 AM »
?120 is almost the cheapest value you can get a decent recorder and you still don't have external mics. Anyhow, if you stick to ?60 you may have luck and get a used one at taperssection.com.

Or, if you manage to have a few more bucks like around ?100 then I recommend these (neither I've owned but read good stuff before I bought my Zoom H2n).

https://www.thomann.de/intl/tascam_dr05.htm
https://www.thomann.de/intl/zoom_h1_mb_matte_black.htm

Offline filipb

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 11:36:24 AM »
i will see what i'll do...

cavelera conspiracy and their return to roots tour are coming at the end of november here so i wanted to record them...

tell me... what do you think about the recorder that i have found. (i've added pictures to the post)
unfortunally i can't get external mic for that one because it is not avaiable at the shop.

the recorder itself has built in mic...

is this good enough?? good enough to get the desired recorded sound which is acceptable at most of the good bootlegs??

or i will need external mic so i could record things in best quality possible??

please share your thoughts!!! :)

thank you for replying damaceinc i will check out the links that you've posted maybe i could get something good from there...
i would give 150 euros tops for this purchase i think... that is maximum i can afford i guess...

thanks a lot!!!

Offline filipb

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 12:01:24 PM »

Or, if you manage to have a few more bucks like around ?100 then I recommend these (neither I've owned but read good stuff before I bought my Zoom H2n).

i want to ask you about this model... a friend of mine recommended it as well... i have this model online for 125 euros.
do you use external mic on yours and how much the mic costs actually?? because the model that i've found is without external mic...

is the external mic needed for superior sound (i think it is), or i can just use the basic device??
since you are using the same device i will take your advice on this one completely...
and i am planning to buy this one i just need the mic model that you are using so i could know what to order from the online store...

thanks a lot and Jesus Christ i'm really gonna become a sertified bootleger :D haha
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:14:17 PM by filipb »

Online [stevester]

• Matrix Pioneer
  • Something to say?
    • TBM
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 04:38:59 AM »
I use a Zoom H2. It has a cheap look to it, but it has been a very reliable recorder. It has internal mics but allows for externals also. I have gotten some excellent recordings with it and I only use the internal mics.

Lots of things can effect the quality of your recording other than the recorder itself (venue acoustics, location of your seats, people around you, the SBD guy, weather, etc).  I recommend buying it as soon as possible and testing it out a few times before you try to record a show you really want. You need to get familiar with what it can and can not do. You also want to be confident in your ability to use it. Working it in a lighted room is different than using it in a dark venue. When you get one, let us know and we can give some recording tips, answer questions or talk about settings or whatever.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:28:14 AM by [stevester] »

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal